In North Holland, Netherlands, lies an island with beautiful beaches, Texel. It is one of the five inhabited Dutch Wadden Islands. This place has the best of both worlds. The 19th-century Texel lighthouse provides a picturesque view of the North and Wadden Sea. It is a perfect place to visit when you are in need to get in touch with nature and quiet life, or just need a small break. Let us embark on a journey to the pristine beaches of Texel.
Virtual Journey of the Island Life on Texel
Dive into the serene beauty of the islands of Texel. The relaxing atmosphere of Texel will force you to extend your stay on the island. For stay, there are hotels and B&Bs at prime locations. Not to miss, this place is just 1 hour and 30 minutes from Amsterdam. From exploring the National Park and the church to trying local food and roaming around pristine beaches, there is much to explore.
What to Do on the Islands of Texel?
There are multiple things to experience while living on an island. Some of the things you can do on the islands of Texel are -
● Long walks and bicycle rides: You must experience the untouched beauty of Texel with slow long walks. Moreover, Texel also has a cycle path network of 140 km which is perfect for bicycle rides.
● Fun activities around the beach: With a length of 30 km, beaches at Texel are perfect for making little sand castles, rolling around in the sand, and basking under the sun. You can also swim around the lengths of the North Sea.
● Surf kayaking and surf rafting: Surf rafting or kayaking is perfect for enjoying the thrill of sudden waves. Ride on one and flow until a powerful wave returns you to the land.
● Sailing and surfboarding: You should also try kitesurfing, winging, and catamaran surfing while on the islands of Texel.
● Round texel race: It is the largest catamaran sailing race in the world. Thousands of visitors gather every year to cheer up the sailors.
Wing Foil Texel: The Kite & Wing School
The journey on the islands of Texel is never complete without some breathtaking water sports. Wing Foil Texel allows you to play with water. Experience the adventurous life around an island with us. We teach winging, kitesurfing, and foiling. We teach in all four languages: Dutch, English, Spanish, and French, so you don’t need to worry about language being a barrier. Please contact us to learn more about our personalized lessons.